Nobody likes to use the word diet or likes to see their weight yo-yo up and down on the scale. Making small changes by removing 100 calories a day from your diet could save yourself ten pounds over the course of a year! Try a few of these insignificant food tweaks everyday and it will add up to a significant difference.
Cut 100 calories at Breakfast
• Must have carbs? Split a bagel with a coworker and replace cream cheese with peanut butter for a natural source of protein, fiber and other vital nutrients.
• Scramble 4 egg whites instead of 2 whole eggs
• Sprinkle some cinnamon or nutmeg with skim milk to sweeten coffee in place of sugary syrups and creams that can add up to 100 calories per drink!
• Pour 1 serving of Kashi GOLEAN Crisp! cereal in a bowl, substituting regular milk with Svelte in French Vanilla vegan protein shake.
Cut 100 calories at Lunch
• Leave the cheese out of your sandwich! Cheese is high in saturated fat, salt, and sodium, not to mention calories.
• Make homemade chicken salad with mustard in place of mayo and wrap it between crisp iceberg lettuce, instead of using bread.
• Dress salad with 2 tablespoons of low-fat balsamic in place of creamy ranch dressing.
• Add vegetable toppings to your pizza and say no to pepperoni!
Cut 100 calories at Dinner
• Trade butter for a flavorful spread made with garlic, fresh rosemary, and light, trans fat-free margarine.
• Fill half your plate with veggies. Choose non-starchy varieties such as greens, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, and sweet peppers.
• Use vegetable cooking spray and nonstick cookware instead of butter, margarine, or oil.
• Select minestrone or other broth-based soups over cream-based soups
Snacking isn’t “bad” if you do it in moderation and make wholesome choices. Choosing a simple and healthy snack gives your body the fuel it needs to keep going. If you are aware of your portion size, nutritious snacks can fit nicely into a healthy food plan.
Cut 100 calories at Snack
• Freeze grapes or watermelon wedges for a popsicle-like treat
• Cappuccino Crush: Need an afternoon pick me up? Blend a cup of ice with 1 Svelte Cappuccino soy protein shake (so easy!).
• Celery sticks with sunflower seed butter. Sunflower seed butter is loaded with vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant.
• Grab an 11 ounce Svelte: This pre-made protein shake is a perfect option for your on-the-go lifestyle, offer fewer calories, is vegan and organic, not to mention tastes great.
Cutting 100 calories here and there is a painless way to form healthier eating habits without feeling deprived or hungry. CalNaturale Svelte contains 16 grams of protein from organic soymilk, 20% of the daily-recommended dose of fiber, complex carbs, and only 9 grams of sugar. Replace those extra handfuls for a filling, yet tasty shake. For more information on svelte visit sveltebrand.com.